Frequently asked questions
1. Does the Aged Persons Welfare Foundation fund the construction or maintenance of buildings and property?
The APWF does not support projects relating to the construction, repair or maintenance of a building or part of a building. The Trustees of the Foundation may support projects that develop an activity but also involve some renovation of a building or grounds (eg. the construction of a herb garden to support a gardening activity).
2. Can an organisation seek additional funding for a project after an initial one year of funding has been received?
Yes. Regular periodical grants will be considered in cases where regular reports have been provided and where the Trustees experience with the applicant organisation has been satisfactory.
3. Can an organisation submit an application for a project that will cover more than 1 year?
Yes, multi-year applications will be considered.
4. How long will it take for the Trustees to reach a decision about an organisation’s application?
The Trustees must await receipt of the audited annual financial report before determining successful applicants. The Trustees usually meet early each financial year. Advice will be forwarded to successful and unsuccessful applicants during August.
5. Does the Foundation accept Applications from individuals?
No. The Foundation provides grants to organisations that assist numerous elderly people. By doing this, the Foundation aims to assist as many people as possible.
6. Is GST applicable on the Foundation’s distribution?
No. The Foundation’s funds constitute a distribution of income from a charitable trust and are therefore exempt from income tax and
7. May I telephone the Foundation to discuss my organisation’s project idea?
Yes. Please contact the Foundation, on (02) 9263 5555. Leave a detailed message when you call and one of the trustess will return your call.